Please let us know if a position below is of interest to you. Tell us a bit about yourself and why you would fit the role. A CV or resume is optional when applying. We are currently looking to fill the following director positions:
- We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator, as our current wonderful Volunteer Coordinator will be leaving their role in November.
- This role involves coordinating shift schedules using the scheduling app Sling, as well as answering volunteer emails, questions, and solving scheduling conflicts. This position involves apx. 2-3 hours of work per week, checking the volunteer email account daily, and answering emails in a timely manner.
- Looking to gain management experience in a special collections library? Love comics, books, and libraries and have the experience to help us grow the library project?
- This role was created to assist CCOL in running the library space. This volunteer role will involve helping with special projects and events, ensuring library supplies are stocked, assisting in planning for library improvements and growth, training new library volunteers, creating library displays, and engaging the community in other capacities.
- The Library Manager will be trained on circulation and cataloguing, and will work with the Librarian and the CCOL Events Coordinator. This role involves a time commitment of 3-6 hours per week.
Grants and Fundraising Officer
- Assist with grant applications, and grant research, writing, and editing
- Come up with fundraising opportunities and projects for the library and work with the board and volunteers to implement them!
- Work with other relevant directors to plan and successfully carry out events, such as collaborative art making programs and workshops, live readings, comic zine releases, fundraising events outside the library, artist talks, and so on.
- Propose inclusive events to executive council and board directors that will help the CCOL meet its mission and goals, working with a limited budget, time constraints, and other challenging factors.
Thank you for considering joining CCOL. We look forward to hearing from you!