Volunteer Librarians help out with the following:
- Circulation and reference services on location; member signup, answering questions, speaking with the public about comics, reading the comics!
- Organizing library collection and creating displays to showcase relevant subject areas
- Social media posts and public outreach (optional)
* Please note: we sometimes have a wait list for volunteers, but those who apply will be added to this list. Also, CSI requires that everyone using the building must be 14 days past receiving an approved COVID vaccine, so in order to volunteer with us, volunteers must meet these requirements.
In the future, the following volunteer roles will be needed and enormously appreciated:
- Volunteers to help run events
- Want to write about Canadian comics for our blog? (We are not quite ready to work with volunteer blog writers)
- Are you an artist and/or writer who would like to lead comics workshops or host drawing nights? (we are waiting until we can provide honorariums to do this)
- Editing; copy editing, grant proposals etc.
We would appreciate help with the following any time:
- Suggest resources for the website and inform CCOL of Canadian comics events
- Check links in the Canadian Cartoonists Database, and let us know if you run into any broken or out of date links on our website
Please contact us and tell us why you are interested in helping out, or if you have another idea for a way you could contribute! Please note that you must be 16 or older to volunteer. You can find our current Volunteer Handbook here.